Top 10 places to see in Port Blair
Embark on a captivating journey of Andaman and Nicobar Island and Port Blair, where history intertwines with natural beauty. Unveil the tales of freedom fighters and the British colonial era at Cellular Jail, a poignant reminder of the past. Immerse yourself in the rich tribal culture of the Nicobar is at Anthropological Museum. Explore the verdant rainforests of Mount Harriet National Park and witness the breath-taking natural beauty of the islands. Soak in the sun's warmth at Jolly Bouy island. As you step off the plane at Veer Savarkar International Airport, you're about to embark on a remarkable journey filled with incredible places to visit and discover.
Book your Akasa Air ticket and head to Port Blair now!
Here are some interesting places to visit in Port Blair and around Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Cellular Jail: Cellular Jail, also known as Kala Pani, is one of the most popular places to visit in Port Blair. It is a former colonial prison that was used to house Indian freedom fighters during the British Raj. The prison is known for its unique cellular design, which prevented prisoners from communicating with each other. Today, the Cellular Jail is a national memorial and museum, and it is a must-visit amongst places of interest in Port Blair for Indian history buffs. It's a powerful reminder of India's struggle for independence.
- Samudrika Marine Museum: Samudrika Marine Museum is a dedicated marine museum that showcases the rich marine life of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The museum has a variety of exhibits, including aquariums, dioramas, and interactive displays. It also has a research centre that conducts studies on the marine life of the region. The Samudrika Marine Museum is among the major places of interest in Port Blair as it is a great place to learn about the unique marine ecosystem of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Chidiya Tapu: Chidiya Tapu is a scenic viewpoint located on the southern tip of South Andaman Island and a popular tourist place near Port Blair. It is known for its stunning views of the Andaman Sea, as well as its diverse birdlife. Chidiya Tapu is a popular spot for birdwatching, hiking, and photography.
- North Bay Island: Port Blair sightseeing can be extended to North Bay Island considered amongst a must place to visit in Port Blair. Just a short boat ride away, North Bay Island entices visitors with its crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches, and vibrant coral reefs. It's a paradise for water sports, including swimming, snorkelling, and scuba diving.
- Mount Harriet National Park: Mount Harriet National Park is a national park located on South Andaman Island. It is known for its lush rainforests, cascading waterfalls, and scenic viewpoints. Mount Harriet National Park is a popular place near Port Blair for hiking, trekking, and wildlife watching.
- Jolly Buoy Island: Jolly Buoy Island is a small island located in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. It is known for its pristine beaches, coral reefs, and marine life. Jolly Buoy Island is a popular spot for snorkelling, scuba diving, and swimming.
- Mangrove Creek: A Port Blair visit is incomplete without a boat cruise through Mangrove Creek, a mangrove forest teeming with biodiversity and scenic beauty. It is popular spot for boat cruises, nature walks, and birdwatching.
- Limestone Caves: Another must do amongst Port Blair tourist attractions is The Limestone Caves. They are a series of caves located on Baratang Island. They are known for their impressive stalactite and stalagmite formations. The Limestone Caves are a popular spot for boat cruises and cave exploration.
- Mud Volcanoes: The Mud Volcanoes are a series of mud volcanoes located on Baratang Island. They are known for their unique geological features and their therapeutic mud. The Mud Volcanoes are a popular spot for mud baths and nature walks.
- Anthropological Museum: Port Blair tourist attractions include the Anthropological Museum, a museum dedicated to the tribal culture of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It has a variety of exhibits, including traditional costumes, artifacts, and photographs. The Anthropological Museum is a great place to learn about the unique culture of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Port Blair, with its array of attractions and historical significance, promises an enriching travel experience. Explore the island's beauty and heritage, with Akasa Holidays for a best-in-class, well-curated and unforgettable Andaman adventure.